Chemicals To Avoid In Skin Care Products!
The truth is, most skin care products contain questionable and even downright harmful chemicals. Your products can also expose you to known cancer-causing pesticides, and deliver dangerous toxins that penetrate and age your skin.
Whether you are a man or woman we all have a skin that you need to take care of because of some effects on your overall health.
Here are 5 harmful chemicals that are commonly used in skin care products:
1. Parabens – These chemicals mimic estrogen and lead to hormone imbalance and may cause reproductive issues like infertility or slowed growth and development disorders in children.
2. Phthalates – A common ingredient in fragrances, phthalates block testosterone and damage a man’s reproductive system. These chemicals have been linked to an increased risk of breast cancer.
3. Mercury – Some skin care products use mercury to lighten the skin. Steer clear of products with calomel, mercury, mercuric chloride or just plain old mercury.
4. Petroleum – Petroleum contains 1,4-Dioxane, which has been listed as a probable carcinogen by the World Health Organization and the Environmental Protection Agency.
5. Hydroquinone – Used to reduce the melanin in your skin to get rid of unsightly marks, it permanently alters the pigment in your skin and weakens the elastin and collagen in the problem area.
In the end, it is good to read the labels but also find out about the ingredients in it before buying the right products for us.
Please, I would love to hear from you.
To your healthy skin,