Why Are We Always Feeling Hungry?
Very often we are feeling hungry and want to eat all the time. There are some reasons why.
Here are the sneaky reasons:
1. You’re dehydrated – Drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes to see if the hunger subsides.
2. You got a bad night’s sleep – Sleep deprivation can increase levels of ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates appetite.
3. You eat a lot of processed carbs – Foods like white bread spike your blood sugar and may cause more cravings.
4. You’re stressed out.
5. You need more protein – Foods like Greek yogurt, eggs, and lean meat will keep you fuller longer.
6. You need to eat more fat – Unsaturated fat, found in nuts and avocados, is linked to feelings of satiety.
7. You skip meals.
8. You eat too fast – Slow down your chewing and bites so your brain has enough time to register fullness.
When we feel like eating, stop asking yourself if you are really hungry? Because if you didn’t sleep well, for example, your brain will have difficulty to feel the satiety and makes you eat more.
I would love to hear from you or ask a question!
To your health,