What Are The Symptoms Of Protein Deficiency?
Nutrition is very powerful but you don’t think about it. Protein is an essential nutrient and a building block for your body. We can’t survive without protein and all 9 amino acids minerals in a minimal amount.
But, are we getting enough protein intake? This is the point today even in developed countries and of course in poor countries where the increase of diseases and starvation are present.
Symptoms of protein deficiency
These have been studied by Dr. Richard Brouse with his patients.
– What comes first initially is extreme fatigue or decrease in your energy levels,
this a sign that you might need more protein.
– You observe some weakness and excessive weight loss with no specific reason.
– Brittleness of nails and hands.
– Edema is a medical term when people are having fluid retention in the feet and ankles.
– Hair problems, hair loss, and brittle hair.
-Skin ulcers, dryness, rashes, and flaky skin.
– Slowing down the healing process because of the lack of amino acids required.
– Severe headache and lack of sleep because of low blood sugar.
At the end, you are the one who is going to decide what protein and how much you want to take by listening to your body what its needs. Also, some people are eating animal protein and love it, that is fine but other people prefer vegetable protein because they don’t like eating meat.
You need to make sure that you have enough protein in your system or add some protein supplements If you want.
Please leave a comment or ask me a question!