Reduce Our Sugar Intake!
Nowadays, we realize that we are adding too much sugar everywhere; anything we buy specially prepared meals, cans, sodas, etc. You named them.
We need to be mindful of what we are buying and read the labels carefully before making a choice.
Focusing on preparing healthy meals and avoiding foods that contain added sweeteners is the best way to limit the amount of sugar in your diet.
1. Consume whole fruits instead of sugar-sweetened fruit smoothies.
2. Drink water or unsweetened seltzer instead of sodas, energy drinks, juices, and sweetened teas.
3. Swap candy with a homemade trail mix of fruit, nuts and a few dark chocolate chips.
4. Instead of sweet salad dressings like honey mustard, use olive oil and vinegar.
5. Look for cereals, granolas and granola bars with under 4 grams of sugar per serving.
6. Drink your coffee black or use Stevia for a zero-calorie, natural sweetener.
7. Instead of jelly, slice fresh bananas onto your peanut butter sandwich.
8. Use natural nut kinds of butter in place of sweet spreads like Nutella.
In conclusion, we need to start slowly to decrease our intake of sugar, first, you may want to reduce your sweet desserts that have refined sugar and find some alternative solutions such as fruits instead of cakes and cookies.
Changing our diet one step at the time and making your children be a part of it, because, it is more fun when we can engage them in the process. Also, by improving our lifestyle we get healthier and more energic to do things that we like.
Please, I would love to hear from you,
To your health,